Did you know that you can check your 9mobile airtime balance using text message? Yes, you can. 9mobile Nigeria has always given its customers different route to perform certain operations, and checking your airtime balance is also one of them.
So if you’re on the 9mobile network, then get ready, because I’ll be showing you how to check your airtime balance using text messages.
Some people prefer to use text messages when purchasing data, airtime, and other operations. It is a more simpler and easy to understand procedure.
If you also like the text message approach, then this article is for you. See details on how to check airtime balance on 9mobile via text message in this post.
Emerging Markets Telecommunication Services Ltd (EMTS), also known as ‘9mobile,’ is one of Nigeria’s leading telecommunications service providers. In 2007, EMTS (9mobile) was granted a license to operate in Nigeria by the Nigerian Communications Commission.
After acquiring the majority stake in Etisalat Nigeria in 2017, the company changed its name from Etisalat to 9mobile.
Following the name change and rebranding in July 2017, the company unveiled its new brand identity, as well as a slew of new and improved features with a slew of enticing benefits for their customers.
When compared to other networks, the 9mobile network not only has the cheapest tariff plans, but also the cheapest data bundles. However, despite the name change and rebranding, the network still retains most of its USSD codes for various operations.
How To Check Balance for 9mobile
Today, 9mobile customers have numerous bundles to choose from depending on their browsing, calling, and texting needs.
Like numerous other well-established telecommunication firms, 9mobile has come with many options for customers to choose from when checking their data balances.
Here is a look at how one can easily check their 9mobile data balance today.
How to Check Account Balance on 9mobile
To check your account balance on 9mobile, follow the procedures below:
- Go to the call app on your mobile device
- Dial the USSD code *232# using your 9mobile SIM card
- After dialing the code, your 9mobile account balance will be displayed on your screen.
- You will also receive an SMS containing your account balance from 9mobile.
How to Check Data Balance on 9mobile
To check your data balance on 9mobile, follow the procedures below:
- Go to the call app on your mobile device
- Dial the USSD code; *228# using your 9mobile SIM card
- Your 9 mobile data balance will be displayed on the screen. You will also find the status and expiry date of your data bundle
- Also, if you have any bonus airtime on your 9mobile SIM card, it will be displayed on the screen.
- You can also check your 9mobile data balance via text message
- Simply text “INFO” to 228 using your 9mobile SIM card
- You will receive a text message containing your data balance and it’s expiry date.
How to Share Data on 9Mobile
Do you wish to share data to your friends and family? If yes, then there’s great news for you. There are several ways to share data from your 9mobile SIM card to other 9mobile users. The following are available methods to share data on 9mobile:
- Family Share Data
The 9mobile family share data plan allows you to distribute a portion of your data bundles to as many as five 9mobile numbers registered under the family sharing data plan. To use the family share data plan, follow the procedures below:
- Go to the call app on your mobile phone and dial *917#.
- After dialing the code, purchase any of the 9mobile standard data plan
- Now Dial *229*9*pin*data quota*recipient’s number*3# to share your data with the recipient.
- You can also dial *200# to choose from the available alternatives.
- Data Transfer
Another way to share data to other 9mobile users is through the 9mobile data transfer option. This option allows you to transfer data to another 9mobile user from your data balance. To use the 9mobile data transfer option, follow the procedures below:
- Go to the Call app on your mobile phone and dial *229*pin*volume of MB*recipient’s number#.
- For instance, to transfer data to 08091234567, dial *229*0000*40*08091234567#.
- Data Gifting
The 9mobile Data gifting option, allows you to purchase data bundles for another 9mobile user. You will be charged for the purchase, while the recipient will receive the data bundle. To gift data bundle on 9mobile, follow the procedures below:
- Go to the call app on your mobile phone and dial *standard data plan code * recipient’s number#
- For example, if you wish to purchase 1GB data bundle for a friend, dial *229*2*7*recipient’s number#.
Conclusion on How To Check Balance On 9mobile
In conclusion, the above information concerning How To Check Balance On 9mobile is comprehensive enough for anyone even a newbie. Now make sure to go through the steps provided in this post, and you will surely come out with the desired result.
Additionally, it is important to carefully follow through with the information above to come up with the desired result.
Be sure to share this post with friends and family