Suppose you are interested in knowing how to lose weight by fasting, this post is for you!
In this post, I will address relevant information concerning the topic of ” How To Lose Weight Fast By Fasting”, and also detail other ways one can lose weight.
People tend to opt for fasting as a way to lose weight, which is good but can be dangerous if not careful. This is why it is always advised to see a doctor before starting the process.
The most common reason why most people choose to lose weight is because of health reasons and building good physically.
And as for those interested and determined in starting a journey of weight loss, proceed to the post and carefully follow through with the information to help you.
What is weight loss?
Weight loss is defined as the decrease in body mass/weight and body fat. However, extreme cases may also involve loss of protein, lean mass, and other substrates in the body. It may either be intentional, like when you go on a diet or unintentional, when it is secondary to a disease such as infection or cancer.
Well, most people are ready to start their weight loss journey and end up giving up on it we’ve seen a trend of people wanting to lose weight but aren’t serious nor motivated to push all the way through.
For and most part achieving meaningful and long-lasting weight loss required a serious eating plan. The body needs the right balance of nutrition and calories for sustained energy through workouts and some other daily activities. Maintaining that balance is the key to losing fat and keeping it off over time.
And also a healthy diet plan for weight loss combines the vitamins and minerals your body needs to build muscle and maintain energy in one convenient and delicious menu.
What is Fasting?
Fasting can be defined as a method of weight loss that involves abstaining from food for a certain period.
And there are different types of fasting, each with its benefits and risks. But below are some of the coon types of fasting:
Intermittent Fasting: This type of fasting involves changing times of eating with times of fasting. The most common intermittent fasting method is the 16/8 method, where you fast for 16 hours and eat during an 8-hour window.
Alternate-day fasting: This is a type of fasting that involves switching between days of eating and days of complete fasting.
Extended fasting: This type of fasting is quite tedious, it involves you abstaining from food for longer periods, such as one to three days ( 24-72 hrs).
Time-restricted feeding: This kind of fasting involves restricting food intake to a particular window of time.
Combination Fasting: This kind of fasting is an alternation of Intermittent fasting and time-restricted feeding.
Essential Tips For Weight Loss By Fasting
Yes, we all agree that fasting can lead to weight loss, but this can only happen for several reasons.
- First, when you fast, your body starts to use stored fat for energy instead of glucose from food. This can lead to a reduction in body fat over time. However, it is crucial to note that fasting is not a “quick fix” for weight loss and should not be used as a replacement for a healthy diet and regular exercise seeing that fasting is take quite a longer time than the normal process of dieting, exercise, etc.
- It’s also vital to keep in mind that weight loss can differ greatly among people who are fasting. Some people may experience rapid weight loss, while others may lose weight more slowly or not at all. Additionally, weight loss by fasting solely depends on several circumstances including the type of fasting, the frequency, and the duration of fasting, among others.
- When starting fasting, it is advised to talk with a healthcare professional, to ensure that fasting is a safe and appropriate weight-loss strategy for you.
- It is important to stay hydrated during rhe fasting period by drinking water, juice, or electrolyte-rich drinks to avoid dehydration.
- It’s also critical to note that when you break your fast, you should eat too much or indulge in high-calorie foods. Rather, you should try to eat a balanced diet that is abundant in fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains.
- Exercise is also a significant factor in a weight loss program, regardless of whether you are fasting or not. Exercise can help boost your metabolism, increase your muscle mass, and support weight loss.
Benefits of Weight Loss
Below are some of the benefits of weight loss:
- Helps regulate blood sugar and diabetes
- Improve heart health
- Decreased risk of stroke
- Better sleep
- Improved mobility
- Decreased joint pain
- Reduced risk of certain cancers, such as; Endometrial cancer, Breast cancer (in women past menopause), Kidney cancer, Liver cancer, etc.
Is Weight Loss By Fasting Good?
Research implies that alternate-day fasting is about as effective as a typical low-calorie diet for weight loss.
Fasting also affects metabolic processes Jn the body that may work to decrease inflammation, as well as improve blood sugar.
How Much Weight Can I Lose By Fasting?
Intermittent fasting reduced body weight by 3–8% over 3–24 weeks. When examining the rate of weight loss, intermittent fasting may produce weight loss at a rate of approximately 0.55 to 1.65 pounds (0.25–0.75 kg) per week.
How Much Weight Can I Lose By Fasting?
According to a 2014 review, intermittent fasting reduced body weight by 3–8% over 3–24 weeks (22). When examining the rate of weight loss, intermittent fasting may produce weight loss at a rate of approximately 0.55 to 1.65 pounds (0.25–0.75 kg) per week (23).
How Long Is It Safe To Fast
The most reasonable way to avoid any side effects from fasting, is to stick to shorter fasting periods of up to 24 hours, especially when you are just starting.
And suppose you want to increase your fasting period to more than 72 hours, you should seek medical supervision.
Conclusion On How To Lose Weight By Fasting
In conclusion, fasting can be a helpful weight loss method for some people, but it is not applicable for everyone. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting a fasting program, to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for you.
It is important to note that, weight loss by fasting takes longer time than just the regular way of losing weight. So you should prepare you mind for it.
And according to the things written above in the post, weight loss isn’t an easy task, but regardless one who is determined, focused and motivated will surely scale through